Thursday, June 12, 2008

Off the Deep End

No, I'm not talking about the mindset of most of us here at KAXE, it's the title of a book that will be featured on the Morning Show this Friday, June 13th at 8:40am. The full title is:

"Off the Deep End - The Probably Insane Idea That I Could Swim My Way Through a Midlife Crisis - And Qualify For The Olympics"

Hodding Carter
writes:

In February 2004, I decided I was going to qualify for the Olympics. I was forty-one. At that age, most men who are suddenly afraid of yet one more day flying by (read midlife crisis) buy motorcycles or get twenty-year-old girlfriends or they doctor up their bodies with pectoral implants - some even do all three. The majority, however, don't abruptly decide to pit themselves against the greatest swimmers in the world.

Tune in!

No comments: