Chef Charlie tickled our taste buds on Tuesday with this great recipe, and a booze cake! THANKS CHARLIE!
CURRIED CHICKEN AND PASTA SALAD (EATING WELL)
¾ pound of large pasta shells ½ cup of low fat mayo
sliced almonds to taste ½ cup of low fat yogurt or sour cream
1 tbl of mild curry powder 1/3 cup of mango chutney
2 cups of cooked chicken 1 tsp of turmeric
¼ tsp of ground cinnamon
pinch of cayenne pepper
½ cup of raisins
½ cup of chopped scallions
½ cup of chopped celery
1. cook pasta, drain, rinse and set aside to cool
2. toast almonds till brown and set aside
3. toast curry in a small skillet about 30 seconds until fragrant and put in a small bowl
4. add mayo, sour cream, chutney, turmeric, cinnamon and cayenne. Mix completely.
5. combine pasta, chicken, raisins, scallions and celery.
6. toss with dressing and garnish with the toasted almonds
Please note that the salad that I prepared at the station used regular mayo and regular sour cream.
Dreaming Life Cereal
10 months ago